We’re looking for an amazing French teacher.
Here’s some of what we do:
- The highest expectations of what pupils can – and do – achieve.
- The highest expectations of ourselves as teachers.
- Beautiful accents, exceptional pronunciation, fantastic range of knowledge.
- Lots of reading out loud, lots of questions, lots of translation.
- Unashamed teacher expertise and pride in our knowledge.
- Outstanding behaviour, allowing us to have great fun in lessons.
- Centralised resourcing, allowing you to focus 100% on your teaching.
- Great attention paid to minimising workload and maximising efficiency.
- Support in spades on an individual, department and whole-school level.
- Enormous amounts of love – of the kids, our subject and our school.
Here’s some of what we don’t do:
- Games, gimmicks, fads, learning styles, miming…
- Marking – we do whole class feedback, 15 minutes per class per week.
- Pictures – everything we do links to the written and spoken word.
- Individual or department detentions – it’s all centralised.
- Graded lesson observations, performance-related pay or targets.
- Anything that costs more in effort than we get in learning return.
- Bureaucracy and admin (at least, it is kept to the barest minimum!)
- Regular working at evenings and weekends.
- That’s all I can think of for now!
If you want to teach in a no-nonsense, equally challenging and supportive, joyful environment; with kids who know a lot and want to learn and arrive at every lesson ready to learn; with staff who work hard to be the best but have time to have a life outside of school, even during term time…